Well it's January 8 and I've been out of school for just about a month. Then why haven't I updated my blog? That's easy, I got lazy and wasn't sure what to write about. I'm hoping to change that in the coming year. We shall see.
In December, I took my finals and school was done. I felt a great weight lifted off my shoulders. Except then I had to wait for grades. Oh waiting for grades is one of the most excruciating things to do. Will you pass, will you fail. Will you have to take that class over again that was so hard the first time around (Do not and I repeat do not take an advanced psychology class online. Wow was that difficult. I believe that it's a class better done in a classroom).
Finally my wait was over and I got an "A" in my education class and a "B" in my psychology class. I cheered for joy. These are better grades than I had the first time around. The first time around I was lucky to pull off "C" in a lot of classes. I blame that on Gen Ed's though. I didn't care about the subject, when I care about what I'm learning I tend to do much better in the class.
Then it was time to get ready for Christmas. I start shopping on Black Friday and completely love being in the mayhem that is all around me. So much fun. It took me 2 weeks to buy everything for everyone on my list. I spend the year on what my budget is, what I want to buy everyone and then when the time comes, I buy it. So it doesn't take long to get everything.
Christmas dinner was being hosted by me this year. That was crazy and wonderful all at the same time. We also realized that we did not have enough serving dishes or plates. There was a total of 17 people at my house for dinner, I have place settings for 8. I'm going to buy another set of dishes for next year. Some serving dishes too. We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, Brussels sprouts, stuffing, ham gravy, turkey gravy, and rolls with butter. There was pretty much no food left when it was all done. I loved having the entire family in our new house and even making all the food wasn't that big of a deal. Thank goodness for the internet though, I was consulting it at 6am as I was trying to figure out how long to cook the ham and turkey and how to cook the turkey. Not sure how people did it before the internet because I wouldn't have wanted to call my mom at that time.
After Christmas we got ready for New Years. The decorations and the tree came down. The house went back to semi-normal. The kids went back to school and I went back to work. Life is getting back to semi-normal, whatever that is. For New Years, every year since my husband and I have been living together we've bought a 3 foot Subway sub. Italian usually with wheat and white bread mixed. We don't have a party, we don't have anyone over, it was just the 2 of us, now it's just the 4 and the little 2 don't like sandwiches. So, my husband and I end up sharing with my family over the next few days. One of our favorite traditions and we enjoy it so much.
January is here now, the weather has been unseasonable warm as of late. I'm getting ready to head back to school. I bought a new book bag, got my books and put everything in it. Now I'm just waiting. Classes start this week and I'm hoping for the warm weather to stay. I'm not a fan of snow. I like warm weather.
So, yeah, life is about to get really busy again and it'll probably be forever before I update again. Let's hope not.
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment