When I first had my daughter, life got crazy. Why wouldn't it I had a new baby to take care of. We settled into a nice little routine until the day she started crawling. My world flipped upside down that day. She was always on the move then. I enjoyed it. Eventually life went to what my husband and I considered normal. Then we found out about baby number 2. My pregnancy with baby number 2 was one of the weirdest experiences in my life and thinking about it now I should have realized what my life would end up like. We had an ultrasound at around 10 weeks and his arms and legs really weren't visible yet and so he received the nick name peanut. Of course we didn't know what he would be yet. At around 19 weeks I had my second ultrasound and this is when my life changed forever. We found out that it was a boy. We also found out that the boy was measuring large. So this started pretty much me having to have an ultrasound every 6 weeks. My schedule was busy by that point. Doctors appointments, stuff for DD and then ultrasounds. It was a whirlwind. After he was born my life was never the same. We started potty training DD. That was horrifying. She had been interested and knew what to do but she didn't care. She didn't mind being wet so she wouldn't use the potty. We eventually backed off the training and it would be a while later until she actually potty trained.
So with a new baby and a child I was potty training life was well. Busy but okay. I always said that I would one day go back to school and that one day was in the fall of that year. I did mostly online classes and it went well. I found that after the kids went to sleep was the best time to do things; clean, homework, take tests. It worked well for me. Than comes the fall after and DD starts school. I made the comment one time that once the kids started school my life would have to slow down. I was so wrong, I was so wrong it wasn't funny. She was in school, I was volunteering at least once a month, she was taking dance class. Yeah we did a lot of running around. At the time my son was 1 and keeping him entertain during her things was tough. That went on for 2 years.
Enter kindergarten for her and for him preschool. Thought okay a few hours by myself, I must admit I got bored. So I ended up taking a job as a preschool teacher. I loved my job. My life got so busy during this time that I realized until they moved out my life would always be busy. I had my job, I was still volunteering for both kids now, she was taking dance, girl scouts and softball. He was begging to take things but there's nothing around him to take at 4. Then we got a call that they wanted to test DD. We said okay and they tested and decided to skip her from kindergarten to first grade. This was something new for me. It also made life more hectic. She would go about once a week to the other school where they held gifted group to join in that. She loved it but I had to go pick her up. So now I had work, her ballet, her girl scouts, her softball, but only in the spring. The regular appointments we all had and now picking her up once a week.
I think I lost my mind in there somewhere because then we got a dog. She's a little dog, just perfect. We got her right after Thanksgiving. She added another element to my life. So now we're in the spring and my husband and I decided to buy a house. There was an incident where a tree fell on my shed in my yard and I told my husband that was the last straw and we started house shopping. Our realtor was fantastic and helpful. She found us a place right away (We had been looking for around 3 years before we hired our realtor, so it's not like we bought the first house). This was fantastic, we live in a place where it's kind of hard to get a good price on a house. So we add packing into the mix and paper work and more paper work. We were suppose to close in May, then June, then another week and then finally 3 days after that we closed. Then we had to move because the people buying our old place wanted in ASAP. So moving got thrown in there.
Come August, DD signed up for cheerleading and now I spend a few days a week for 2 hours at a time at cheerleading, I usually read a book or work on my calendar. Then I start school, where I'm taking 2 classes. Work starts soon. DD and DS both start school again soon. Then Dance starts again. Add girl scouts. We have to travel for cheerleading. Regular appointments, animal appointments.
Somehow, I'm not sure how I just got busier than I've ever been. Keeping those balls in the air has proven to be a challenge. It's fun though, I find I like my life a little chaotic. Now next year DS will throw his hat into the ring and then we'll have some real chaos. Not only will I have her 112 things she wants to do (Like Drama club and I'm considering it) but his million things.
I figure one day when they're grown and gone I'll look back at this time in my life and wish it back. I love that I have the flexibility to do this stuff with them. Sure the activities get annoying at times but I still love doing it.
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment