Life is complicated. My life seems to be very complicated at times and super easy at others. My house is crazy, I'm a mom. I have 2 children a girl and a boy. Right there starts the craziness in my life. My daughter does all kind of stuff, she does dance, girl scouts, softball and cheerleading. That means a lot of running around. My son is getting to the age where he will also be joining clubs and sports and things which means more running around than previously. I'm also a wife. This of course means keeping track of stuff for my husband occasionally. I have a calendar on the fridge, he doesn't always look at it, so sometimes I get texts about what we have going on certain days. It's cute and funny and exasperating all at the same time. I work, I'm a preschool teacher, there's two of us and we share duties, I get to spend my days with 3 to 5 year olds. It's fun, they are so imaginative and I have such a good time that work doesn't feel like work most of the time. Starting this fall I'll also be going back to college. Yep, throwing "adult student" into my crazy, complicated life. That means studying, tests and going to campus. Scary thought. Oh and I'm also the person in our house that our 2 animals love and adore, we have a dog and a cat. It's the kid's job to feed them and water them but most of the time Mom does it. I also take care of everything else. The vet, the groomer for the dog (I don't like cutting her nails so I have a groomer do it).
Threw in appointments of all kind and my calendar that I keep on the fridge, that my husband never looks at, is full and very colorful. We each have a color purple, blue, green, red, pink (The animals actually share this color at the moment). I need to get more pens and more colors but not for the fridge calendar, no I need more pens for my personal calendar that lives in my purse. Sure a lot of the stuff between the two are the same but I don't really want my school assignment due dates on the fridge.
So as you can see crazy, complicated. Now we'll add in the "hobbies" I have. I love to scrapbook, make cards, bake, sewing (I'm actually just starting this), candle making and I'd like to start making soap. I guess it's a good thing I have my own craft area and a nice size kitchen, though it needs an island or something in there. There's just never enough counter space. I don't sell any of the stuff I do, I do it for fun and I give some away.
I usually have a ton of projects going on at once. I just finished a sewing project for my daughter. I sewed a shirt for her 18 inch doll. This is the second time I've attempted something like this and the first time was with help from my aunt when I was in 7th or 8th grade and I made a dress for a rag doll. I used some fabric I had laying around, used a pattern I found online and went to work. Sleeves, especially short sleeves, are hard.
This is what it looks like
I have also finished a scrapbooking page but don't have a picture of it right now.
I have a lot of projects coming up, some that will be Christmas gifts. I'm a crafter, so it's never to early to begin Christmas projects.
Okay well life is calling, laundry to be done, dishes to wash, kids to take care of, beds to be made and life to have happen.
It's boring at times but hey it's my life and I like it.
WELCOME TO IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment