Thursday, August 4, 2011

Can't believe it's Thursday

This week has kind of zoomed by.   I think the month it going to zoom by.   I start back to work, I'm a preschool teacher, and have classes to take all somewhere around the end of the month.  The kids go back to school also.

So Monday my DD was suppose to have her first cheerleading practice.  We ended up with a rain storm that featured thunder, lightning and hail.  Gotta love it.   So I decided not to take her and thankfully the coaches cancelled.   So yesterday we had her first practice and guess what.  It was raining again but just light sprinkles so they keep the girls out there for an hour to practice.  Things I learned yesterday.  Never forget the water bottle.  Poor girl.  Never forget the chair.  Poor mom.   I hate standing around in the rain.   I know no one and my dd knows no one.  I think she'll have an easier time getting to know the girls than I will getting to know the parents.

So cheer practice is over.  I must say that there's a nightmarish quality about it.  I cheered for 1 year as a child.  I actually know some of the cheers the girls are doing.  I'm now on the other side watching as my daughter is the cheerer and I'm the mom.   I don't know if it brings me full circle but part of  me hates it this time around.

I've also have become that pet owner.  We now take our dog to the groomer once a month.  I never thought I'd actually take her somewhere to be bathed because obviously I'm able to do it myself and do.   However, her nails need clipped and I don't want to deal with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment